If you want to alter or check the router settings, try using the 192.168.15.1 router IP to connect to the administrative console. Read on to know more.
You can find the 192.168.15.1 IP address written on the router's back, side, or on the box it came in. But if it’s not there, then follow these steps to confirm your device’s IP address:
- Open Command Prompt by typing CMD in the start menu
- Enter ipconfig in Command Prompt
- Find where it says Local Area Connection, and beneath it, you would see the IP address labeled as the default gateway
Here is how to access your device’s settings via the 192.168.15.1 IP:
- Ensure that the router and your laptop/smartphone are connected
- Open a browser
- Enter 192.168.15.1, http://192.168.15.1, or https://192.168.15.1 in the address bar
- The browser should display the login page now
- Enter login credentials. These can be admin/admin, user/user, or both may be left blank.
- If the username/password options don’t work, do a quick online search to find login info for the make and model of your device
Once in the admin panel, you can:
- Give your router a unique SSID
- Change the login credentials
- Change 192.168.15.1 to something else if you have IP conflicts
- Set parental controls
- Amp up security, etc.
If you can't reach the login page or log in, do the following and make sure you refresh after each step to see if it is working:
Enter the correct address in the browser – 192.168.15.1, http://192.168.15.1, or https://192.168.15.1 – don't enter wrong values like small-case L, capital I, etc. instead of a 1
If 192.168.15.1 leads to an error page, ensure you are using the right IP from the ipconfig option, maybe someone assigned a new DNS
If default credentials don't work, do for a factory reset. Press and hold the reset button on the device until lights flash — the username and password should now be back to default
If the browser shows nothing – go to browser settings, privacy, and delete cookies and cache – or use a different browser
If all else fails, get help from a qualified technician and have them assess your device