You can simply type the 192.168.8.1 IP address in the URL bar of your web browser to access the web interface of your router. Here's how you can log on to it:
Though you might know the IP address of your router, it's always good to confirm. In case you've forgotten it, you won't be able to access your router's configuration. You can find the address of your router with the following steps:
If you have a Windows PC, you can use the ipconfig command to check the IP address of your router. The IP address mentioned next to the default gateway belongs to your router. You can also go to the Network and Sharing Center in your PC and click on the "Connections" tab to find out your router's IP address. The IP address will be listed under the IPv4 Default gateway column.
If you own a Mac system, you can check your router's IP address in the utilities window by using the netstat command. You can also go to System Preferences and check the IP address.
To check the IP address of your router through your mobile phone, you need to check the Advanced properties of your connected WiFi device.
You'll have to type in the IP address of the router in the URL bar of the browser first. For example, if the address is 192.168.8.1, you will type that into your browser. The browser will turn it into a link called http://192.168.8.1, leading you to the login screen.
If you have set up the username and password of your account before, you need to fill that in. However, if the username and password are set to default, you need to put that in.
You can also figure out the default credentials of your router online if you've forgotten.
After you've entered the username and password for your router, you can click on submit and access the control panel of your router.
Once you've changed the settings of the router, it might stop working or give you trouble with the network connection. Therefore, it is advised to always note down the previous settings of the router before making any changes. This way, you will be able to revert the changes when there's an issue. However, if you're unable to rectify any issues, you can reset your router to default settings. For this, you'll need to press the reset button on your router for 15-30 seconds. The router will reboot and revert to its factory settings so that you can access the network again.
A lot of times, we type IP addresses in a hurry that leads us nowhere. For example, if you type in 192.168.1.1 instead of 192.168.8.1 for your router, the browser will respond with an error mentioning that the page doesn't exist. If you have a different router with that IP address, you may also be redirected to its console. Thus, it's important to note down the IP address rather than just pasting it in the browser to avoid any confusion.
When you have more than one router to access the internet, there's a possibility that their IP addresses might conflict with each other. Therefore, when you try to log on to your router, it might take you to the page of another one or not show anything at all. You can then ask your network administrator to set up static IP addresses for both your routers so that you're always redirected to the right page. You can set up this address on your router's console as well.
An IP address recognizes a device that is connected to any network. Any public address is accessible to anyone on the network but the private one is only accessible to the device that is a part of the network. An IP address can thus, be visible to the internet or be an owned address in a smaller local network. Therefore, your device gets a new public IP address every time it connects to the internet but has a fixed local IP address that your router assigns it.
Unlike IP addresses like 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1, router manufacturers do not use the 192.168.8.1 IP address that often. However, it has the same functionality as that of the other two IP addresses, to access the control panel of the router. The most famous organization whose routers use this IP address is Huawei. Other manufacturers that use this address include Adaptec, Nexx, 3J Tech, and more.
The private IP address 192.168.8.1 is not common but still comes packed with various features. Here are some of them:
You must be in the vicinity of your router's network or should be connected to the same network as your router to be able to access the IP address. Since you cannot find this address on the world wide web, it's important to be a part of the same network as your router. You also need a web browser as the connection requires HTML5 pop-up support.
1. What is 192.168 8.1?192.168.8.1 is a default IP address. The IP address always contains 4 sets of numbers ranging between 0 and 255. This is because each device connected to the internet is supposed to have a unique address. So, the first three sets are the network id, and the last set is the device id. In 192.168.8.1 the network id is 192 and the device id is 168.8.1
2. How to log in to 192.168 8.1 / How to login into 192.168 8.1 / How to use 192.168 8.1First, type 192.168.8.1 in your browser’s address bar. Then, enter username and password, and then click OK or Login.
3. What are the (most common) default logins for 192.168 8.1?The most common default logins for 192.168.8.1 IP address are Username: cameras, Password: cameras
4. What is the (most common) default username for 192.168 8.1?The most common default username for 192.168.8.1 address is cameras
5. What is the (most common) default password for 192.168 8.1?The most common default password for 192.168.8.1 address is cameras
6. 192.168 8.1 - How to Access Router IP Address?First, type 192.168.8.1 in your browser’s address bar, Then, enter your username and password, and then click OK or LOGIN.
7. How to login into 192.168 8.1 / Hot to go to 192.168 8.1 / How to use 192.168 8.1First, type 192.168.8.1 in your browser’s address bar, Then, enter your username and password, and then click OK or LOGIN.