Based on your local ip address, pick the correct IP address from the list above and click Admin. You should be redirected to your router admin interface.
Having trouble staying connected to the internet? Try resetting your Linksys router. It is a common troubleshooting step before one calls the manufacturer’s customer care.
Sure, you can skip it and call tech support directly to get a solution after being tormented for a long time. But what if we told you we had a better option that takes only a few minutes to implement?
Linksys routers feature some of the best models on the market and are well-established in their field. This does not prevent users from facing a difficult time trying to set up the device in different environments. The different Linksys models support wired and wireless configurations using an omnidirectional antenna.
One of Linksys’s most popular features is its web-based interface for router setup and configuration. The web interface allows you access to the control panel once you enter the Linksys router default password and username.
Note: To access the control panel you must have an active Wi-Fi connection. If there is no wireless network available, then connect your device to the router using an ethernet cable.
These steps will show you how to log into your Linksys router using the Linksys router IP and Linksys default password.
Requirements: For the Linksys router login, you must own a Linksys router and any device that connects to it (Computer, Tablet, or Mobile Phone).
Use any device of your choice to connect to your Linksys network. The wireless network connects are direct whereas a wired connection requires an ethernet cable. If you don’t know the Linksys router default password, you can connect to it using an ethernet cable.
To reach the setup page, you must be connected to the Linksys network. Ensure that you connect to the network before moving on to the next step.
Using a browser of your choice–Chrome, Safari or Internet Explorer– enter the Linksys default IP into the address bar. The most common Linksys Router IP is 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1. To save time, you can click on the given links to traverse you straight to the specific Router IP addresses.
If neither of these IP addresses works for your router model, you can find a list of the Linksys default IP for different models here. Since you are connected to the Linksys network, you can find the default router IP for your specific model below.
The Linksys Router Web Interface mainly comprises of on enterable field–the “Router Password”. Although this may not be the same for different models. You may have to enter the Linksys router default login info to access the control panel. This includes both, the Username and User password.
If you are not sure about the Linksys login credentials, we have a solution. Search on this page to find the Linksys default password and username for your model.
The correct username and password are also generally printed on a label at the bottom or side of your Linksys router.
Once you have logged in, you will be presented with the Linksys Web Interface or the Control Panel. Now, you can configure your Linksys router and even reset Linksys router all in one place.
Note: The Linksys Web Interface may vary based on the version and your model.
After logging into the admin interface, you can change any available settings for your Linksys device. Be careful that you don’t jeopardize the network connection while configuring the device.
How to prevent jeopardizing your Linksys router?
To revert any changes, we advise writing down the current settings before any configuration. In case you break the Linksys network connection, perform the reset procedure only as a last resort. If you still have access to the Linksys interface, try and revert the changes to the original settings.
f there is no other option, and you must reset the Linksys router then follow either of these two methods.
Locate the Linksys router’s reset button. It may not be in the same position for different models.
The button is generally concealed to avoid being pressed by mistake. Most of the time it is very small and labeled as ‘Reset'.
With the help of a thin-tipped tool, like a pen or a toothpick, press and hold the button for at least 15 seconds. If the factory reset does not initiate, press, and hold the button for 30 seconds.
If you are finding it difficult to spot the reset button, check the user manual that came with the router. It has a diagram with all the components labeled and numbered. You can also search the diagram for your router model on the internet.
This method only works for those who have not lost network connectivity.
- Log in to the admin panel of your Linksys router. If the page prompts you for an email address, select the “for local access click here”. This directs you to the password-only login form.
- Once logged in, change the settings back to the original settings (Assuming you have written them down).
If you wish to factory reset the device open the factory settings menu and select reset.
If the Power LED is flashing it means you have successfully reset your Linksys router. If you had changed the password and username, you will now have to use the default login procedure.
As one of the leading manufacturer Linksys ensures a good quality router. For the Linksys log in, you must follow the standard protocol to establish a secure connection. Know the Linksys default password and IP for your model to log into the administrator control panel.
If any configuration results in the router misbehaving then follow the reset procedure.
1. What is the username and password of Linksys routers?The majority of the Linksys routers have a default username of admin and a default password of admin
2. What is the default password of a Linksys router?The majority of the Linksys routers have the default password admin
3. What is the default IP of a Linksys router?The majority of the Linksys routers use 192.168.1.1 as the default IP address
4. How to log in to a Linksys router?First, type the router’s IP address in your browser address bar, Then, enter your router username and password, and then click OK or LOGIN.
5. How to troubleshoot a Linksys router?First check if the WAN cable is connected to the correct port of the router which is labelled as “WAN”. Then check if you are connected either by using the Wi-Fi network or a LAN cable connected to a LAN-labelled port of the router.
6. How to reset Linksys router login password?Resetting the admin password of most Linksys routers is simple and requires pushing a reset button, located on the router itself, for 5 to 10 seconds.