192.168.1.2 is a private IP address and is often used as a router IP or default gateway on many routers.
So, for example, if the router's settings need to be adjusted, this IP address can get you access to the administrative console and make the necessary changes.
You won't need an internet connection to do this, but make sure that the device in question (macOS, WINDOWS, or Android) is connected to the LAN router.
This section will shed light on how to reach the router login page, and what to do if there are accessibility issues.
Let’s find out how to access your router login page by using this Router IP.
Once the router is connected to your device, and you need to use the 192.168.1.2 IP address to reach the admin panel.
The router IP can be found on the back of the unit, or its box. But if it's not there, follow these steps to find it:
- Open Command Prompt from the Start Menu
- Enter ipconfig
- Now, look for the section that says Local Area Connection
- Here you will see a section titled 'Default Gateway'
- The IP next to it is your router IP
Now log in to the admin panel. Here's how:
- Open any browser on your device
- Enter 192.168.1.2, http://192.168.1.2, https://192.168.1.2, or www.192.168.1.2
- Make sure you are entering the right URL, for instance, www.192.168.1.2 and not www /192.168.1.2
- The browser will show the router login page
- The user name may be admin or root, and the password could be admin or 1234
- If these don't work, do a quick Google search to find the default login info for your router
Now you can:
- Change the username and password for the admin panel and Wi-Fi connection
- If you have IP address conflicts, you can change the DNS from 192.168.1.2 to something else
- Up your security by setting restrictions and firewalls
- Set parental controls
- Monitor real-time and past activity on the router
Devices from Engenius, Fortinet, and Rosewill often use the 192.168.1.2 router IP. However, if it's not the default for your device, you could always access the router settings and change your router IP to 192.168.1.2 if need be.
Having issues reaching the admin panel? Follow these steps:
Make sure you are entering 192.168.1.2, http://192.168.1.2, https://192.168.1.2, or www.192.168.1.2 into the browser's address bar because it's common to misspell these as 192.168.l.2 or www /192.168.1.2.
If the default password has been changed, hard reset your router. Press and hold the reset button on the device until the light flashes. Now your router is back to its original settings.
If the route login page cannot be reached – use a different browser – or delete cache and cookies from the current browser
If nothing works, consult a professional router technician
Since the number 1, the lowercase letter L, uppercase I, and | look so similar at a glance, it is not uncommon for people to confuse these and enter the wrong IP.
1. What is 192.168 1.2?192.168.1.2 is a default IP address. The IP address always contains 4 sets of numbers ranging between 0 and 255. This is because each device connected to the internet is supposed to have a unique address. So, the first three sets are the network id, and the last set is the device id. In 192.168.1.2 the network id is 192 and the device id is 168.1.2
2. How to log in to 192.168 1.2 / How to login into 192.168 1.2 / How to use 192.168 1.2First, type 192.168.1.2 in your browser’s address bar. Then, enter username and password, and then click OK or Login.
3. What are the (most common) default logins for 192.168 1.2?The most common default logins for 192.168.1.2 IP address are Username: admin, Password: admin
4. What is the (most common) default username for 192.168 1.2?The most common default username for 192.168.1.2 address is admin
5. What is the (most common) default password for 192.168 1.2?The most common default password for 192.168.1.2 address is admin
6. 192.168 1.2 - How to Access Router IP Address?First, type 192.168.1.2 in your browser’s address bar, Then, enter your username and password, and then click OK or LOGIN.
7. How to login into 192.168 1.2 / Hot to go to 192.168 1.2 / How to use 192.168 1.2First, type 192.168.1.2 in your browser’s address bar, Then, enter your username and password, and then click OK or LOGIN.