Internet Assigned Number Authority (IANA) has reserved a few IP addresses for several purposes, and one such IP is 192.168.1.1.
Right out of the box, routers come assigned with an IP address that directs the user to its settings and configuration page. As one of the most commonly IP addresses, many consumers have to use or access 192.168.1.1.
Once the correct IP address and login credentials are entered, the users are direct to a dedicated dashboard.
However, many users are not able to get to the desired page because they enter the wrong IP address, owing to the fact – the number “1” and small case “l” look quite similar - also, auto-correct can be held responsible for these problems.
That’s how many users end up entering 192.168.l.l - this directs them to a page that says, “The site can’t be reached.”
Here are some commonly misspelled IP mistakes users make and the proper way of entering them:
Incorrect: 192.168.l.l login
Correct: 192.168.1.1 login
Usually, people log in to their router’s dashboard to change passwords, reset the router, and use other advanced configuration options.
The good thing is that this process couldn’t be more straightforward, let’s explore the process:
For starters, open any browser and enter 192.168.1.1 and not 192.168.l.l. Once done, a login page will be displayed in front of you – enter your credentials (normally available at the back of your router or in its box)
That is it - you have made it into your router’s control panel.
Your internet connection may fail, and you can see it slow down – one way to fix this is by resetting the router to fix any new configuration changes. Once, in the control panel, you can easily reset your router.
Another reason you may want to access the settings page is to:
- Change the assigned username
- Create a new password
- Change an old password
All routers come with the option of changing their name to something more personal, so instead of Linksys, TPLink, etc. you can keep your name or something else.
Moreover, chances are your router is being misused by people nearby because you haven’t kept a password or your password is less secure. These are both great reasons to change the password to your internet router ASAP.
When you are done with the settings, log-out of the control panel and restart the router.
Misspelled IPs can be a nuisance - this issue is usually faced by those using popular brands such as Linksys, D-link, Asus, Netgear, and Tplink because these brands have dedicated 192.168.1.1 to reach the configuration page on their devices.
But, if your router is not from one of the brands mentioned above, don’t worry; you can easily find the IP address to your router’s dashboard.
If you are using Windows 10 open Command prompt by entering cmd in the Start Menu’s search field – click on the first app that appears.
In the Command Prompt pane type ipconfig and press enter, and it will display a list of IP addresses. The field marked “Default Gateway” is the one that shows your current router’s dashboard address.
Just, ensure that you are typing in the right address.
1. What is 192.168.l.l?192.168.1.1 is a default IP address. The IP address always contains 4 sets of numbers ranging between 0 and 255. This is because each device connected to the internet is supposed to have a unique address. So, the first three sets are the network id, and the last set is the device id. In 192.168.1.1 the network id is 192 and the device id is 168.1.1
2. How to log in to 192.168.l.l / How to login into 192.168.l.l / How to use 192.168.l.lFirst, type 192.168.1.1 in your browser’s address bar. Then, enter username and password, and then click OK or Login.
3. What are the (most common) default logins for 192.168.l.l?The most common default logins for 192.168.1.1 IP address are Username: admin, Password: admin
4. What is the (most common) default username for 192.168.l.l?The most common default username for 192.168.1.1 address is admin
5. What is the (most common) default password for 192.168.l.l?The most common default password for 192.168.1.1 address is admin
6. 192.168.l.l - How to Access Router IP Address?First, type 192.168.1.1 in your browser’s address bar, Then, enter your username and password, and then click OK or LOGIN.
7. How to login into 192.168.l.l / Hot to go to 192.168.l.l / How to use 192.168.l.lFirst, type 192.168.1.1 in your browser’s address bar, Then, enter your username and password, and then click OK or LOGIN.